“Music and Resilience” is one of three international recipients of the “Musical Rights Awards 2013”, assigned by the International Music Council, an international NGO in official partnership with UNESCO.
The IMC Musical Rights Awards are given to programmes or projects that support in an exemplary way one or more of the five musical rights enunciated by the International Music Council:
The right for all children and adults
- to express themselves musically in all freedom
- to learn musical languages and skills
- to have access to musical involvement through participation, listening, creation, and information
The right for all musical artists
- to develop their artistry and communicate through all media, with proper facilities at their disposal
- to obtain just recognition and remuneration for their work
The project coordinator Deborah Parker participated in the opening ceremony of the 5th IMC World Forum on Music in Brisbane, Australia, on 21 November 2013, for the assignation of the prize.